1.05.2012

The Battle of the Diet Plan Spokesperson/Commercials

Happy New Year Everyone! Hope you guys had a wonderful Holiday =0)

Now that the holidays are over and we have finished stuffing our faces...it's time to get back into shape this year. I don't think that I will join or subscribe to any diet plans; I'm just going to try to eat healthier and in moderation. I've noticed that diet plans/commercials are in full affect but it doesn't make me want to join or try them just because a famous person is the current spokesperson; in fact....it's a turn off.


I see that Nutrisystem has Janet Jackson as a spokesperson and I'm like really? I know that Janet Jackson has always gone up and down with her weight; which I can relate to but I feel like her being part of this company/plan is phony and she's just doing it for the money. I know many of you may not agree but it doesn't make sense to me. She's done interviews in the past on how she gets back into shape when she's about to go on tour or something. She's done it by cutting certain things out of her diet and having a personal chef and working out like crazy with a personal trainer. Maybe she's not making the money she's use to and that's why she's doing it? I just don't know but I just don't believe it.


Then we have Mariah Carey for Jenny Craig, who's another celebrity that doesn't need to get on Jenny Craig because she can afford to have a personal chef and a trainer to get her back into shape. This is another celebrity that seems phony to me and not relateable. I don't believe that she's on Jenny Craig at all and it makes me wonder why she's really doing it. I just can't picture her cooking/eating microwave food all the time.


Lastly, we have Jennifer Hudson for Weight Watchers aka WW. To me she's the only one that I can really truly relate to and can say, Wow! If she can do it then I can do it to.  Seeing her inspires me to want to eat  healthier and exercise so that I can look even better before the summer. Jennifer Hudson doesn't seem fake to me like the other two. I could be wrong about her but she's the only one that seems genuine to me.

Again, this is my own personal opinion and thoughts about these diet plans and the celebrities endorsing the plans I mentioned above.  I don't hate Janet and Mariah, in fact I think they a brilliant performers/singers I'm just not buying what they selling and it doesn't make me want to join the plans that they are supposedly on. Excuse my french....I just think it's Bulls**t

I've tried Jenny Craig in the past and it just doesn't work for me. I can't stand just eating microwave food all the time. The first week or two I did lose weight and I didn't mind the food but I just got tired of eating it and wanted to eat fresh food once in awhile; I felt so confined. I'm not sure if the plan have changed since I first did it but you can only eat their food, you can't eat anything else....aside from veggies and certain fruits I think. My sister has tried Nutrisystem and it's the same concept. My sister stayed on it for awhile but I think she got tired of it to. I'm not sure if you can only eat their food but having the experience that I had with Jenny Craig...I just couldn't do it. The only plan that I do like and might consider doing is Weight Watchers.

I feel WW helps you monitor how much you eat and you can eat anything you like as long as you stay within your points and or know how much you should eat for the day. If you need support or someone to talk to...they have weekly meetings where you can weigh in and talk about how your week went. I didn't care for this but I can see how this can help people that needed this kind of support. WW also provides a book of all these restaurants/fast food places that list the food nutrition/calories it has, so if you feel like eating Wendy's for lunch it will show you the calories and what food you can order...it helps you make a healthier choice and you don't feel like you're on a diet or restricted.

Let me know what you think. Having Mariah on Jenny Craig, Janet on Nutrisystem or Jennifer on WW make you want to run out and join any of these plans just because these celebrities are endorsing it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment