11.12.2011

My New: Michael Kors 'Show Stopper' Resin Watch

Soooo, it's been awhile since I've worn a watch....if I needed to know the time, I looked at my blackberry. I knew if I were to purchase a watch.... it would be a Michael Kors(rose gold, gold or tortoise-patterned) watch. MK watches are a bit expensive and is one of the reasons why I didn't purchase one until now. Nordstrom is having a Half-Yearly Sale and I seen this beautiful MK "Show Stopper"  Resin Watch that has the best of both(rose-gold accents, with the band/bracelet made up with the tortoise design for 40% off!!!! Yes, this watch goes for $275 and I got it for $169(excluding tax) with free-shipping; it's still a bit pricey but it's better than paying close to $300 bucks!




When I received my new watch I loved it even more but it was a bit to big so since there isn't a Nordstrom in New York City(only a Nordstrom Rack) I decided to call one of the MK store in Manhattan about re-sizing and to my surprise, they told me that they don't do any re-sizing in any of their retail stores(because if the watch gets damaged they don't have pieces/links that is needed to replace it) and I would have to go to Fossil store. Am I the only one that didn't know about this? after doing a little research, I discovered that Fossil are licensed to design, manufacture and distribute(watches) for: Burberry, DKNY, Emporio Armani, Armani Exchange, Columbia Sportswear, Diesel, Frank Gehry, Callaway Golf, Davis Cup Marc Jacobs, Adidas and of course Michael Kors aka MK.

I trooped over to a Fossil store in Manhattan and when I got there, they re-sized it for me(they took out two links) but they also told me that they didn't really do re-sizing to because if something happens to the watch, they wouldn't have the pieces/links needed to fix it. Yesssssss! can you believe that? The guy who re-sized it for me told me that Macy's would be another place to go to for this.

All in all, I got the re-sizing done but now know what to do if I get another watch MK or any of the brands I mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment